Segregated Secure Storage
Segregated Secure Storage provides the security and protection you need for your precious metal deposits. When you choose our Segregated Secure Storage, your precious metal deposits are put into a sealed, tamper-evident bag. The bag is then placed into an industrial tote upon which is your unique identification information. The tote is then lock-sealed and stored in our large vault which is Class 3 UL-Rated
How Does Segregated Secure Storage Work?
Segregated Secure Storage is simple. You can make deposits, withdrawals, and sales directly from your storage.
When you need to deposit precious metals into your Cayman Island’s Segregated Secure Storage unit, you can do so by…
- Transfer of Metals:If you already have metals stored elsewhere, you can have your items transferred to our facility. If needed, we will arrange the transfer on your behalf; this transfer is fully-insured and secure. Each transfer is made via flight or cruise ship by hand to ensure the highest level of security possible.
- Personal Direct Deposit: Naturally, you may make your own deposits, whether carrying your metals from home or elsewhere.
- Purchase of Metals: If you would like to purchase precious metals, SD Bullion can assist in the process by offering the lowest gold and silver bullion prices available on the market. Once the transaction is finalized and payment received, SD Bullion will be able to ship your metals directly to the Cayman depository.
If you wish to make a withdrawal of your metals, you will first provide a 24-hour notice. This can be done either by phone or email. Your withdrawn metals can be collected…
- In person at the facility during normal business hours
- By shipment to your address on file. We will gladly arrange insured, secure delivery directly to you.
Sales of Metals
Selling metals from directly within your vault is simple. This process provides secure liquidity for your metals. In fact, there is a vibrant market providing sales/purchases within. All settlements usually finalize between 48 and 72 hours after a sale at which time SD Bullion will remit proceeds to you directly.
Other Important Information Related to Segregated Secure Storage
Following is other information which is important to the storage of your metals.
Because our metals depository is not a financial institution, there are no financial reporting requirements on the part of the Cayman Islands or any other governing agency. For your records, you will receive a monthly statement of inventory.
Auditing of Accounts
Bureau Veritas/Inspectorate is used to perform independent audits of all Segregated Secure Storage accounts. This audit is performed annually and you will receive a personal copy of the statement of audit.
Testing and Authentication
Authentication and testing of metals is part of the service provided. If authentication is needed, testing is performed by use of approved, industry-standard equipment.
Lloyd’s of London underwrites the comprehensive insurance policy retained to protect your metals. All Segregated Secure Storage accounts are insured completely up to replacement value as outlined in our policy. If you would like a copy of our insurance policy, just ask.
Any time you wish to visit your Segregated Secure Storage, you may do so by providing a 24 hour notice.
Rates and Fees for Segregated Secure Storage
Storage rates are based on the value of the metals stored in the Cayman Islands Segregated Secure Storage depository. These holding values are calculated daily and invoicing is done quarterly. Both insurance and storage fees are included in these rates. The following Chart shows the rates as applied to each metal deposited.
Anytime a withdrawal from your secure storage is made per your instructions, whether directly or via transfer, a transaction fee will incur. For your convenience, these fees are included in the quarterly statement.
All billing for Segregated Secure Storage accounts is performed in arrears. You will receive a quarterly statement and payment can then be made in a variety of ways. We accept credit cards, bank wires, and bank transfers.
Ready to Open a Segregated Secure Storage Account?
If you are ready to open a Segregated Secure Storage account, complete an application. Upon receipt, your personalized storage agreement will be prepared and sent to you.
Safe Deposit Boxes
In addition to Segregated Storage, our Cayman Island’s depository can provide you with a safe deposit box. Each box comes with a unique identifier and two keys. Metals you wish to store within can be placed into tamper evident bags which you then seal and place into your box. After each deposit, your safe deposit box then receives a lock-seal. All safe deposit boxes are housed within our Class 3-rated vault.
Deposits may be made to your safe deposit box by you or an authorized representative. You or your chosen representative will need to have your key at the time of deposit. Generally, deposits occur in one of three ways. These are…
- Transfers: If you already have metals stored elsewhere, you can have your items transferred to our facility. If needed, we will arrange the transfer on your behalf; this transfer is fully-insured and secure. Each transfer is made via flight or cruise ship by hand to ensure the highest level of security possible.
- Personal Deposit: If you have the metals you wish to deposit at home or elsewhere, you may personally make your own deposits.
- Purchases: If you would like to purchase precious metals, SD Bullion can assist in the process by offering the lowest gold and silver bullion prices available on the market. Once the transaction is finalized and payment received, SD Bullion will be able to ship your metals directly to the Cayman depository.
Withdrawals may be made with 24-hour notice during normal business hours. When making a withdrawal, either you or your Authorized Representative will need to have the key to your box.
Selling Metals from Your Safe Deposit Box
Once a sale is made, settlements are usually handled between 48 and 72 hours. The dealer will forward proceeds of the sales directly to you. However, because access to the safe deposit box requires both keys, the withdrawal of metals from your box must be performed by you or your Authorized Representative for the sale to be complete.
Other Important Information Related to Safe Deposit Boxes
Because the depository is not a financial institution, there are no financial reporting regulations. Neither the Cayman Island’s nor any other governing body has access to your wealth.
There are no auditing requirements of safe deposit boxes at the Cayman Island facility.
Testing and Authentication
We use the finest, industry-standard testing equipment to test/authenticate precious metals on request.
On all safe deposit boxes, we provide automatic insurance up to $50,000 USD. Our comprehensive insurance policy is backed by Lloyds of London, underwriters. In addition, if more insurance is required, additional purchases may be made, the maximum coverage per safe deposit box is $500,000 USD. The cost is $25 for every $10K in liability protection desired.
Visiting Your Safe Deposit Box
Any time you wish to visit your Segregated Secure Storage to inspect items placed within, you may do so by providing 24-hour notice. Remember, you or your representative must have key in hand at the time of the visit.
Rates and Fees for Safe Deposit Boxes
Transaction fees incur whenever a withdrawal or transfer is made per your instructions. These fees incurred are added to the quarterly statement.
Payments on safe deposit boxes are annual and made in advance. We accept wire transfers, bank transfers, and credit cards for payments.
Ready to Get a Safe Deposit Box?
If you are ready to get a safe deposit box, please complete the following form. Once your inquiry is received, we will prepare an agreement for your Cayman Island safe deposit account. This agreement will then be forwarded to you for finalization.